Steve: The Museum Social Tagging Project
Steve.Museum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Call for speakers on social tagging for museums (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Call for speakers on social tagging for museums
Cartei ()
web developer and co-organiser of Culture Geeks.
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Location: Brighton , UK Birthdate: 1982-03-06
Call for speakers on social tagging for museums 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi,
I am one of the organisers of Culture Geeks, a community _base_d in Brighton. We are a group of young enthusiasts interested in using digital technologies in and for the cultural sector.
Our aim is to support the use of technology in cultural settings, by improving the communication between these sectors and addressing each other’s needs through free events and other similar initiatives.

We are planning the next session of free talks for 2008/09 and we would really like you to come along and talk about your great project.

We hope this will give you the opportunity to share your project with a passionate audience and to raise awareness of the possibilities of social tagging in the cultural sector.

All the best,
Val Cartei

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
schun ()
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Call for speakers on social tagging for museums 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi Val,

Thanks for posting. I've had a look at the project team's schedule for steve-related travel in 2008-09, and right now nothing seems to bring us close to Brighton. However, if you can provide a better sense of when you might want to have someone there (or whether you have facilities for remote presentations), I'm happy to put out a call to project team members to determine whether their other professional or personal travel will coincide with your needs. It certainly sounds as if your group and our project team would have some shared interests, and we have a Brighton connection, since some of our early tool development work was done by programmers from Brighton. Feel free to get back to me offline at susan (at) steve (dot) museum.

Best,
Susan

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Susan Chun
susan [at] steve [dot] museum
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply